These S’mores No Bake Cookies are an easy recipe for rich, chocolaty cookies filled with crunchy graham crackers and gooey marshmallows! No oven required!
Since summer is all about quick and easy recipes, here is a dessert to add to your collection. No bake cookies have been a staple for years, but it’s time that they get a bit of an upgrade.
Growing up we had the classic chocolate peanut butter combination. We’ve made a few variations since then from a fun trail mix combination to a peanut butter coconut combination that leaves the chocolate out completely.
One of the things that makes no bake cookies so great, is how easy they are to make. All you have to do is melt half of the ingredients together and then stir in the remaining ingredients. Scoop out the mixture onto a pan, let it set up, and eat up!
To switch up the traditional no bake cookie, we’ve added in coarsely crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows. The marshmallows get melty as you scoop up the mixture and you get melted marshmallow mixed throughout the cookies.
We sprinkled additional graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow bits over the top to, let’s be honest, make them look more exciting and to boost the s’mores flavor. Feel free to leave to topping off if you can’t find marshmallow bits in your area. The cookies will still taste great.
Tips for Making S’mores No Bake Cookies
- Make sure you use fresh graham crackers. If your graham crackers are soggy, the cookies will not set up correctly.
- Feel free to use dark chocolate unsweetened baking cocoa or regular unsweetened baking cocoa. Just make sure that it’s unsweetened or you will end up with really sweet cookies!
- I like to use a cookie dough scoop to make these cookies. It keeps the mess down. I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon sized scoop.
- The cookies will appear “loose” when you scoop them onto the baking sheet. As the cookies cool, the oats will soak up the moisture and “solidify.”
- If your kitchen is warm, these cookies will stay freshest if stored in the refrigerator.
- 1 Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ Cup butter
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Cups rolled or quick oats
- 1 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- graham cracker crumbs for garnish, optional
- marshmallow bits for garnish, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Stir together sugar, baking cocoa, butter, and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in oats until combined. Stir in coarse graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow bits.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoon (or use a cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press to shape into a cookie. (I used the back of my scoop to do this.) Sprinkle with optional graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow bits, if desired.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. If your house is warm, you may want to continue to store the cookies in the refrigerator.
The cookies will appear "loose" when you scoop them onto the baking sheet. As the cookies cool, the oats will soak up the moisture and "solidify."
More S’mores Recipes
- S’mores Seven Layer Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Cereal Bars
- One Bowl S’mores Brownies
- Dark Chocolate S’mores Granola Bites
- Mini Dark Chocolate S’mores Scones