Rich and fudgy, these One Bowl S’mores Brownies are super easy to make and are filled with toasted marshmallows, crunchy graham crackers, and melty chocolate!
Summer is slowly fading over here. We’ve had a weirdly cool August and all of this 60’s and low 70’s degree weather is making me think about fall a lot earlier than usual.
And while part of me is ready for all things apple, pumpkin, and chai, there’s a part of me that’s still clinging onto all of the fresh summer produce and s’mores! It’s all about balance, right?!
While I like s’mores over a fire the best, I’ll eat them in just about any form. Bars, chocolate bark, scones, cinnamon twists, you name, I probably like it! But for all of the different forms of s’mores on the blog, there isn’t a recipe for s’mores brownies yet!
Obviously that had to change. And I wanted to make it easy. In case you don’t have any idea what you’re bringing to the Labor Day picnic, I’ve got you covered.
I actually used a handwritten recipe that I found in a binder that I used to collect recipes in. So, I don’t know where it’s originally from. The closest I could find was Baker’s One Bowl Brownies.
These brownies use melted chocolate chips as their base instead of cocoa powder and are super fudgy. Once the base is made, we stirred in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and coarsely crushed graham cracker crumbs for the classic s’mores combo.
Then a little over halfway through the baking time, we added some more of the same ingredients to the top so you get the toasted marshmallow and melty chocolate flavors. You definitely need to wait for these brownies to cool as they will end up being a melty mess if you don’t let them set up!
Even though it’s hard to wait, it’s worth it. You’ll soon be digging into rich, fudgy brownies filled with toasted marshmallows, crunchy graham crackers, and melty chocolate!
- ¾ C butter
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ C mini marshmallows
- ⅓ C coarsely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- ⅔ C coarsely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or line the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add chocolate chips to melted butter and let sit for a minute. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy. Stir in flour and salt until combined. Fold in filling ingredients: chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and coarse graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. Top with remaining marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate chips.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Allow brownies to cool before cutting into pieces and serving.
You can also use a 9x9 inch baking dish. You'll want to bake it for 30 minutes then remove them from the oven, sprinkle the brownies with the topping, and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.