These Peanut Butter S’mores Seven Layer Bars have all of the flavor of a gooey s’more with the irresistible addition of peanut butter! Sweet and salty graham cracker crust and pieces, combine with toasted marshmallows, a layer of gooey peanut butter, and pockets of melty chocolate!
Last year we made these S’mores Seven Layer Bars, and they quickly became a favorite with both our family and from the number of emails from you guys, your families! But we got to thinking, it might be possible to make them even better.
Add peanut butter! My husband, who doesn’t like chocolate, likes his s’mores with Reese’s peanut butter cups so he gets more of the peanut butter flavor and just a hint of chocolate.
So why not make s’mores seven layer bars that have both peanut butter and peanut butter chips to combine with the Hershey’s pieces to give you that peanut butter cup combo!
They ended up just as we were hoping they would! Imagine making a melty s’more with a giant marshmallow and a peanut butter cup. That’s what you have here! In bar form!
To accomplish the flavor, we whisked peanut butter into the sweetened condensed milk. We also swapped out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
We then used more milk chocolate candy bar pieces. And as much as I prefer almost any other chocolate over milk chocolate, I loved the result!
Sweet and salty graham cracker crust and pieces, combine with toasted marshmallows, a layer of gooey peanut butter, and pockets of melty chocolate! Rich, decadent summer dessert bar perfection!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter S’mores Seven Layer Bars
- Do not use old/soggy graham crackers. The crust will not set up, and you’ll end up with soggy bars.
- When you open your can of sweetened condensed milk, give it a stir. Sweetened condensed milk can settle and you’ll end up with a thick layer on the bottom of the can. Also, I have noticed that some brands of sweetened condensed milk are thinner than others and don’t set up as well for these bars. One of those brands is the Aldi brand. The bars will still work, but they will be a bit stickier than if you use a name brand.
- Natural peanut butter does not work as well for this recipe, unless you use a no-stir variety that really does not require any stirring.
- Let the bars set for at least 20 minutes before cutting. The smell will make it really hard to wait, but you will have a gooey, sticky mess if you don’t wait.
- Want more chocolate flavor? Swap out half of the peanut butter chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Love S’mores? Try these S’mores Recipes!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.