*Post from 01/08/14. Images updated 08/04/16.
My newest way to enjoy this combination? In muffins!
The best part? These peanut butter chocolate chip oat muffins don’t taste like the healthy muffins that they are.
Wheat flour, oats, yogurt, honey, and peanut butter make up these tasty muffins (so you can really enjoy them!).
A bit of brown sugar is added to give them more of a decadent taste, but feel free to leave it out to keep them healthier. Just enough chocolate chips are stirred in to make these muffins irresistible.
Eat a couple for breakfast and grab a few on the way out the door for an afternoon pick me up!
- ¾ C whole wheat flour
- ½ C white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 C rolled or quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ⅓ C honey
- ½ C no-stir natural peanut butter
- ½ C plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ C non-fat milk
- ⅓ C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin filling each cup about ⅔ full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.