Peanut butter, chocolate chips, and oats all in one cookie. I don’t know about you, but for me, that has to be one of the best cookie combinations ever. Simply put. . .these cookies are amazing!
Sometimes the simple flavors are the best! Be sure to not over bake these to keep them light and chewy. They will just be just starting to set when they come out of the oven and will continue to set while cooling. . .that is if you can wait that long to eat them!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/2 C white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 C no-stir natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 C granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C quick or regular oats
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, peanut butter, sugar substitute, sugars, and vanilla extract. Cream together until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add egg and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips with a spoon until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about two inches between each. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are just starting to turn golden. Don’t over bake.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.