These Dark Chocolate S’mores No Bake Cookies are an easy recipe for rich, chocolaty cookies filled with crunchy graham crackers, gooey marshmallows, and lots of dark chocolate! No oven required!
We’re starting to get a collection of no bake cookies around here, and while I love the tropical no bake cookies and the lighter peanut butter honey no bake cookies, I always find myself going back to chocolate variations. Like these Dark Chocolate S’mores No Bake Cookies!
Full of rich, unsweetened dark chocolate baking cocoa and dark chocolate chips, these cookies will cure any chocolate craving!
To give them the classic s’mores flavor, coarsely crushed graham cracker and mini marshmallows are added to all of the chocolate.
Since the mixture is still warm when adding in the marshmallows and dark chocolate chips, you get a bit of melting that makes the cookies taste even more like a s’more!
Topping them off to give them more flavor (and to make them look prettier!) are some graham crumbs and marshmallow bits.
And if their flavor isn’t enough to make you want a batch, how about the fact that they are super easy to make? All you have to do is melt half of the ingredients together and then stir in the remaining ingredients. Scoop out the mixture onto a pan, let it set up, and eat up!
How to Make Dark Chocolate S’mores No Bake Cookies
You’ll want to start by lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. You don’t want to skip this as your cookies will stick to the pan.
Stir together the unsweetened baking cocoa, butter, and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for two minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture frequently to prevent scorching.
Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the almond butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the oats until the oats are completely coated.
Add in the coarsely crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and dark chocolate chips, and stir to combine. It is okay if the marshmallows and dark chocolate chips start to melt. It will help hold the cookies together.
Drop the batter by heaping tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. (I like to use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.) Gently press to shape into a cookie. (I used the back of the cookie scoop for this.)
Sprinkle with the optional graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallow bits, if desired.
Place the baking sheet with cookies into the refrigerator, and chill for 30 minutes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container. If your house is warm, you may want to store the cookies in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making Dark Chocolate S’mores No Bake Cookies
- Make sure you use fresh graham crackers. If your graham crackers are soggy, the cookies will not set up correctly.
- Feel free to use regular unsweetened baking cocoa if you can’t find dark chocolate baking cocoa. Just make sure that it’s unsweetened or you will end up with really sweet cookies!
- I like to use a cookie dough scoop to make these cookies. It keeps the mess down. I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon sized scoop.
- The cookies will appear “loose” when you scoop them onto the baking sheet. As the cookies cool, the oats will soak up the moisture and “solidify.”
- If your kitchen is warm, these cookies will stay freshest if stored in the refrigerator.
Love S’mores? More S’mores Recipes to Try!
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup creamy almond butter or cashew butter, thoroughly stirred before measuring
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Cups rolled oats
- 2 Cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
- graham cracker crumbs for garnish, optional
- marshmallow bits for garnish, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Stir together sugar, baking cocoa, butter, and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for two (2) minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat. Stir in almond butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the oats until coated.
- Add in the crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and dark chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoon (or use a cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press to shape into a cookie. (I used the back of my scoop to do this.)
- Sprinkle with optional graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow bits, if desired.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Store leftovers in airtight container. If your house is warm, you may want to continue to store the cookies in the refrigerator.