This easy Bakery Style Peach Cardamom Muffin recipe is filled with sweet peaches and the warm spices of cardamom and cinnamon! The perfect pairing to your morning cup of coffee or tea!
Muffins are one of those foods that are super easy to make, and can make your day so much better! You can grab and go with your coffee and tea in the morning or take one to combat afternoon hunger.
Despite how easy they are and how quickly they disappear whenever a batch is made at our house, we don’t make muffins nearly enough. Especially considering how good these are!
These peach cardamom muffins are a variation of our bakery style cranberry orange muffins. Those muffins made an appearance last year and have officially become our favorite muffins base.
It’s super versatile and a great way to incorporate white whole wheat flour without making muffins that are too dense or giving the muffins too strong of a wheat flavor.
Even without the orange juice and strong cranberry flavors, of the cranberry orange combo, these muffins only have a light whole grain flavor and the texture is tender and light.
For this peach cardamom variation, we stirred in fresh peaches and just enough cardamom to give a hint of that warm, spicy flavor without overpowering the light, fresh peach flavor!
A sprinkling of coarse sugar to top them off right before baking gives the muffins a bit of a crunch in each bite!
Tips for Making Bakery Style Peach Cardamom Muffins
- You can use whole wheat flour in place of the white whole wheat flour. However, the muffins will have a definite whole wheat taste and the texture will be more dense. (Our favorite white whole wheat flour is from Trader Joe’s.)
- Mix in the wet ingredients just until combined. This will keep the muffins light and fluffy.
- Sprinkling the batter with coarse sugar before baking will give the top a bit of crunch and texture.
- You can leave out the cardamom if you don’t have any. Just up the amount of cinnamon to 3/4 teaspoon.
- We liked how the muffins tasted even better the next day after the flavors had a chance to blend.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- coarse sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just starting to combine. Add in melted butter and stir batter until just combined. Gently fold in chopped peaches.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Depending on the size of your muffin tin, each cup will be ¾ full to almost completely full. Sprinkle with optional coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Like Muffins? More muffin recipes to try!
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins
- Mocha Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins