All the warm spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves combine with almost an entire cup of pumpkin in these fall inspired Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins! Topping off these pumpkin muffins is a buttery, brown sugar cinnamon crumble and a sweet maple glaze!
Well, it happened. I broke open the pumpkin. Now we have pumpkin breads, desserts, etc. filling our kitchen counters! I’m still clinging on to summer, but I’m slowly getting ready for all things fall.
This is actually the latest that I’ve posted a pumpkin recipe on the blog. I usually start earlier, so sorry if you’ve been waiting!
If you haven’t been waiting, I can guarantee that a bite of these pumpkin coffee cake muffins will start to get you in the mood for fall!
All the warm spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves combine with almost an entire cup of pumpkin in these fall inspired muffins.
With all of the pumpkin packed into these muffins, you’ll find that they’re anything but dry. No dry, tasteless muffins here!
Topping off these pumpkin muffins is a buttery, brown sugar cinnamon crumble. Lots of it.
While that would be good enough, I snuck in a little maple flavor by drizzling the muffins at the last minute with a maple glaze. I think pumpkin maple may be my go-to combo this year!
Enjoy one with a big cup of coffee (or tea!), and get ready for fall!
For the Muffins
- 2 C white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 C milk
- 3/4 C pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 C butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
For the Topping
- 1 C white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C butter, cold
For the Glaze
- 1/2 C confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 -1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill muffin cups about 2/3-3/4 full.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place a heaping tablespoon full on top of each batter filled muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- While muffins are cooling, prepare glaze. Stir together all ingredients for glaze until smooth. Drizzle over the top of cooled muffins. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g