These Almond Butter Trail Mix Bites are a healthier snack option that are filled with the sweet and salty combination of all your favorite trail mix components! Make a batch of these no bake energy bites to have a convenient snack on hand ready to curb hunger whenever it hits!
As soon as the weather warms up, our snacks go from protein muffins, baked granolas and other foods that require heating up the house, to foods that require little to no time on the stove or in the oven.
Quick, easy, and no-bake is where it’s at in the summer!
Based off of our peanut butter chocolate trail mix bites, these Almond Butter Trail Mix Bites fit all of those criteria. They take hardly any time at all to make, are super easy (and versatile!), and don’t require baking!
Oats, almond meal, and ground flaxseed make up the base of these bites while almond butter and honey bind everything together.
Adding flavor and texture (and a pop of color!) are pretzels, chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, and M&M candies! Everything you find in your classic trail mix all in one convenient snack bite.
How to Make Almond Butter Trail Mix Granola Bites
Start by getting a large bowl. You want to make sure that you have plenty of room to stir all of the ingredients together.
Stir together quick cooking oats, almond meal/oat bran, crushed pretzels, and almond meal.
In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the almond butter and honey. Microwave for 10 seconds. Give the mixture a stir, and microwave for another 10 seconds. Mixture should be runny. If not, microwave for another 5 to 10 seconds.
Add the almond butter-honey mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until the almond butter-honey mixture coats the dry ingredients.
Stir in the chopped mixed nuts, candy coated chocolates, chocolate chips, and raisins.
The mixture will be sticky. If it is too sticky to form into balls, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Form mixture into bites, making sure to press the mixture together tightly when forming.
Each bite pictured is about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture. I used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the mixture.
If the bites are still sticky, place in a single layer and cover until cooled. If they aren’t sticky, store them in a covered container.
- Swap out chocolate chips for peanut butter or white chocolate chips.
- Use your favorite nut butter in place of the almond butter. Just make sure that the nut butter can be thinned when heated. If it remains thick, the mixture won’t blend well.
- Don’t have ground flaxseed? Use more oat bran or almond meal. Or, use more quick oats.
- Don’t have honey? I don’t recommend using maple syrup in its place as I do other recipes. You really should use honey to get the best binding.
Love healthy, easy snack recipes? More no bake snacks to try!
- Coconut Lime Protein Bites
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pistachio Bites
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Granola Bites
- 1 3/4 Cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 Cup almond meal or oat bran
- 1/3 Cup crushed pretzels
- 1/4 Cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons no-stir natural almond butter
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/3 Cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/3 Cup M&M candies
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- In a large bowl, whisk together quick cooking oats, almond meal/oat bran, crushed pretzels, and ground flaxseed.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the almond butter and honey. Microwave for 10 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 10 seconds or until mixture is runny. Add to oat mixture, and stir until combined.
- Stir in chopped mixed nuts, M&M candies, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- If mixture is too sticky to form into balls, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form mixture into balls, making sure to press mixture together tightly when forming. I like to use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the mixture.
- If the bites are still sticky after forming, place in a single layer and cover until set up. If they aren't sticky, store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. Nutrition values can vary greatly based on brand used. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.