These Gingerbread Snowball Cookies are a spicy twist to classic snowball cookies and are filled with molasses and the warm, cozy spices of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves!
Cookie season is upon us! It’s time to dig out the old favorites and find a few new ones to add to the mix! One of those old favorites for me is the classic snowball cookie.
Rich, buttery snowball cookies have made an appearance at my family Christmas gatherings for years, and they’ve been some of my favorite cookies to indulge in.
There’s something about that crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth texture and the sweet, buttery flavor that will always make me think of Christmas.
Over the years we’ve tried a few variations to the classic. While the spiced eggnog snowball cookies and the peppermint crunch snowball cookies definitely deserve a spot on the cookie platter, they are going to have to make room for a batch of these gingerbread snowball cookies!
The warm, cozy spices of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves combine with molasses for the classic gingerbread flavor. To intensify the flavor a bit, more cinnamon and ginger is added to the confectioner’s sugar coating.
Rich and buttery, spicy and sweet, these cookies are a great addition to the holiday dessert table!
Tips for Making Gingerbread Snowball Cookies
- Dough may appear dry and crumbly when mixing, but it should hold together when pressed.
- Bake just until the bottoms start to turn light brown. Over-baking the cookies will cause them to be too dry and crumbly.
- If the confectioner’s sugar looks like it has melted too much by the time you’re done rolling the cookies, just give them another light roll in confectioner’s sugar.
- Don’t want to roll each individual cookie? Use a small cookie scoop and scoop dough out onto the prepared baking sheet (making sure that the dough is packed into the scoop). You won’t get as round of cookies, but it will cut down on the amount of time it takes to make them.
More Snowball Cookie Recipes to Try!
- Peppermint Crunch Snowball Cookies
- Spiced Eggnog Snowball Cookies
- Snowball Cookies 3 Ways
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies — Cooking Classy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
For the Cookies
For the Sugar Coating
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.