Crunchy, creamy and salty, sweet, this easy Swirled Dark Chocolate Almond Pistachio Bark recipe is a great last minute candy idea for a party or for gifting!
This time of year is all about making things as easy as possible at our house. Work gets busier, one or both of us gets sick from one of the winter illnesses that starts going around, and all the other things that go along with the holidays fill up any extra free time.
Simple, delicious recipes that aren’t complicated or time-consuming are the only things that get made. I figure some of you are the same way. So, I’m sharing our latest easy recipe that is simple, requires hardly any time at all to make, and is definitely delicious!
This swirled dark chocolate almond pistachio bark came about when I was going to make our triple chocolate s’mores bark. I already had the dark chocolate and white chocolate out when I saw a bag of pistachios in our pantry that had been open for awhile.
And like the way most things that happen in our kitchen, I stood there and looked for other ingredients that would go with dark chocolate, white chocolate, and pistachios.
I had a bag of sliced almonds that also needed to be used up and then I saw the sea salt. The result? The sweet and salty combination that I can’t resist!
Sweet, creamy chocolate, nutty, crunchy pistachios and almonds, and a sprinkling of sea salt. Simple, easy, delicious!
Tips for Making Dark Chocolate Almond Pistachio Bark
- If you aren’t a fan of the sweet and salty combination, feel free to leave off the sea salt.
- Don’t forget to line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat before spreading the chocolate! It will definitely stick to the pan.
- If you want a sweeter candy, switch out the dark chocolate for milk chocolate.
- Lightly pressing the nuts into the melted chocolate helps to keep them from falling off when you break the bark into pieces.
More easy candy recipes!
- Quick and Easy Vanilla Fudge
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Bark
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge
- Peppermint Mocha Bark
- 20 ounces dark chocolate or dark chocolate candy melts
- 6 ounces white chocolate or white chocolate candy melts
- 1/3 Cup shelled lightly salted or salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- sea salt, optional
- Line a 15"x10" or 11"x17" baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions, making sure to stir periodically to prevent scorching.
- Melt white chocolate according to package instructions, making sure to stir periodically to prevent scorching.
- Spread melted dark chocolate onto prepared baking sheet. Spoon white chocolate over the top. Swirl white chocolate through dark chocolate using a knife.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and sliced almonds. Lightly press toppings into chocolate. Sprinkle with optional sea salt.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator, and allow to refrigerate for at least one hour to cool and set.
- Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.