Cool and creamy, this Creamy Roasted Hatch Chile Dip is filled with the fresh flavors of lime juice and cilantro with a bit of heat from roasted hatch chiles! Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender, blend, and serve!
Hatch chiles are back, and our grocery stores are overflowing with them. Because they are everywhere and usually pretty cheap, it is easy to take advantage of their short season.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy hatch chiles is to roast them and add them to dips and sauces.
That is exactly what I did for this roasted hatch chile dip. The chiles are roasted, skinned, and blended into this cool, creamy dip.
The heat of the chiles is offset by the tangy sour cream and lime juice. Cilantro gives this dip a fresh summery flavor, and salt and pepper are added to bring out the flavor of all ingredients.
It really couldn’t be any easier to make. Just throw all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until combined. Transfer the dip to a bowl and enjoy!
That’s it. Perfect for serving to last minute guests or preparing during a commercial break of a football game!
- 2 hatch chiles, roasted or grilled, peeled and seeded
- 1 C low-fat sour cream
- 4 oz 1/3 of the fat cream cheese
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Serve with your favorite baked pita chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.