This Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Dip contains all of the flavor of a jalapeño popper without all of the work! An easy hands-off recipe, this dip is great for when you want to spend more time with your family and friends and less time in the kitchen!
How’s your game day menu for Sunday looking? If you’re still in need of a few appetizers, I have a hands-off recipe that you need to try! This slow cooker jalapeño popper chicken dip has all the flavor of jalapeño poppers with significantly less work.
As you can tell be the two step instructions, it’s super easy to make and you can serve it right from the slow cooker, if you want. Or pack it up and take it to wherever you’re watching the game!
One of the most popular recipes on the blog is this crock pot buffalo chicken dip, so I figured why not take our favorite jalapeño popper dip and turn it into a slow cooker dip.
To make it heartier, I added in some shredded chicken. If you don’t want to take the time to cook chicken, you can always use rotisserie chicken.
The base of this cheesy dip is cream cheese and greek yogurt. Jalapeños and green chiles add the spice, but you could even throw in some red pepper flakes if you like it extra spicy.
If you want it for half time, just throw everything together before the game starts. Cook it on low until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly. It’s that simple.
Then sit back and enjoy the game knowing that you have this cheesy dip waiting for you at half time!
- 2½ C cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 8 oz ⅓ of the fat cream cheese
- ½ C plain greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ C jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can mild green chiles, drained
- ½ C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ C Panko bread crumbs, toasted
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first 7 ingredients together in a 2-4 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 1½ hours or until cheese is melted and dip starts to bubble on edges. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Top with toasted Panko bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese and serve.