This Lightened Up Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip is loaded with flavor and tastes so good that you’d never know that seven simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes is all it takes to have this dip ready to serve!
This post brought to you by Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
Something sad happened the other day, I went to the grocery store and there was no longer a big display of sweet corn. The corn had been relegated to a tiny little section packed in with all the other vegetables.
Sweet corn is a summer staple around here, and when it starts to disappear, that means fall is here. Don’t get me wrong, I love fall and all of the fall baking, but I love all of the fresh produce of summer.
I knew I had to snatch some up before it was completely gone to use it in this lightened up cheesy bacon corn dip that I’ve been wanting to try.
Who doesn’t like cheese, bacon, and corn?! Especially when it’s combined in a warm dip! Since I had summer and fresh produce on my mind while preparing the dip, I knew I wanted to make it lighter than your average cheesy bacon dip. In order to accomplish that, I turned to turkey bacon.
Butterball turkey bacon is a lean option to use in place of pork bacon. With 65% less fat than pork bacon, turkey bacon allows you to still enjoy the flavor you love while being able to stay on track eating right.
I also used 1/3 of the fat cream cheese (neufschatel) and Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. (Little tweaks that your taste buds won’t notice but the rest of your body will thank you for!)
This cheesy bacon corn dip is loaded with flavor and tastes so good that you’d never know that seven simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes is all it takes to have this dip ready to serve! Prepping the veggies is the hardest part, that and not starting to snack on it as soon as the cheese has melted!
This dip makes a great lighter option to serve on game day or at any event where warm, cheesy dip is welcome!
- 2 1/2 Cups sweet corn (you can also use frozen corn that is thawed or canned corn)
- 1/2 Cup chopped bell pepper
- 8 ounces 1/3 of the fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup part-skim mozzarella and cheddar blend
- 1/2 Cup chopped tomato
- 5 slices of Butterball turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bottom and add corn and peppers. Cook over medium heat until peppers just start to turn translucent.
- Stir in cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Add in shredded cheese. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in tomatoes and turkey bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. If dip is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can also serve this dip in a crock pot with the heat set to low.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.