You only need 10 minutes to make a batch of these Lighter Almond Butter Chocolate Chip No Bake Cookies! The perfect quick and easy summer dessert (or snack!)!
Since I’ve been sharing quick and easy meals and salads lately, it seemed only right to share a quick and easy summer dessert! And, since we can never have too many cookies, here is a quick and easy cookie for you!
These lighter almond butter chocolate chip no bake cookies take less than 10 minutes to make and only 20-30 minutes of chill time before you can enjoy.
Or, if you want to eat them warm, you can have your cookie craving cured in 10 minutes!
Either way, these almond butter chocolate chip no bake cookies are perfect for your busy schedule (and your warm house!)!
This was my first time making almond butter no bake cookies, and I was a little worried that they wouldn’t set up as nicely as my peanut butter version. But I had nothing to be worried about!
Depending on the type of almond butter you use, these cookies will appear somewhat “loose” when you place them on the baking sheet, but, as I noted in the instructions, they will set as the oats soak in the extra moisture.
Because of the many variables surrounding the type of oats, almond butter, and coconut oil used, the times for these cookies to set will vary. Also, you may want to store these in the refrigerator if your house is warm.
Since you don’t have to dissolve and boil a sugar and butter mixture, these cookies come together quickly. Just melt together the almond butter, honey, and coconut oil until runny.
Add in the rest of the ingredients (including a handful of chocolate chips for good measure!), stir, drop, and chill.
Then sit back, relax, and enjoy a couple cookies!
Lightened Up Almond Butter Chocolate Chip No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp no-stir natural almond butter (If separation has occurred, make sure to thoroughly stir the almond butter together before measuring.)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, measured in its solid state
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt, optional
- 2 1/2 C quick oats
- 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt almond butter, honey, and coconut oil over medium-low heat until mixture is completely melted and runny. Stir in vanilla, salt, and oats.
- Quickly stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. I used a cookie scoop and pressed the mixture against the side of the bowl as I scooped it out. Gently flatten with bottom of a glass or measuring cup. Sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or until set.
Depending on the solidity of your coconut oil, you may need to keep these cookies in the refrigerator.
These cookies will continue to set up over time as the oats soak in the extra moisture.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Thursday 6th of July 2017
these cookies look SO easy to make and so tasty!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Monday 26th of June 2017
Oh these look delicious! And how did I miss the peanut butter version Chances are i have it pinned and my memory is just failing me haha. Either way both options sound like great no-bake treats.
Sunday 25th of June 2017
No bakes are the best! These cookies look amazing!
Ashika | Gardening Foodie
Friday 23rd of June 2017
A really great snack, so easy to prepare as well. Absolutely love this recipe!!!
Friday 23rd of June 2017
My stomach is growling at these pictures. Pinning it for later :)