Did anyone else enjoy the warm weather over the weekend? It got up into the 40’s! After being below zero for so long, it felt like a heat wave! We took advantage of it by taking our run outside and running errands.
Our weekend also consisted of watching lots of football. Of course, when you’re watching football, you need to have snack food on hand.
Since you don’t want to miss any important plays, it’s nice to have food that can either be made completely ahead of time or have most of the prep work done before the game or, if you’re throwing a party, the party starts.
This crock pot buffalo chicken dip is one of those recipes that you can whip up ahead of time and have cooking in your crock pot during the game or while you prep other food.
It also travels well if you’re headed to someone else’s house for the big game!
Shredded chicken is mixed with hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch, cheddar, and feta or blue cheese. Cook it on low until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly. It’s that simple. If you don’t have time to cook chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftovers work well.
Feel free to add more or less hot sauce according to your personal preference. Then sit back and watch the game knowing you have this dip waiting for you at half time!
- 2½ C cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- ½ C hot sauce
- 8 oz ⅓ of the fat cream cheese
- ½ C ranch dressing, homemade or store bought
- ½ C cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ C feta or blue cheese crumbles
- Stir together all ingredients until well-combined in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 1½ hours or until cheese is melted and dip starts to bubble on edges. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, and veggies.
This post contains affiliate links.