Warm and hearty, this Strawberry Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal is filled with the comforting flavors of banana bread and fresh strawberries! Make it the night before for an easy breakfast in the morning!
Make ahead breakfasts are always welcome around here. Being able to make a breakfast ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week makes mornings much easier, especially when we eat at different times!
One of our favorite make ahead breakfasts is baked oatmeal. It’s nutritious, hearty, and delicious! Plus, it’s super versatile.
I like making different oatmeals based on what seasonal ingredients are readily available. Like this Strawberry Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal!
This strawberry banana bread variation is filled with fresh, sweet strawberries and the comforting flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg.
It’s like eating banana bread for breakfast (like this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread!), but heartier and healthier!
And best of all, we can make it at the beginning of the week and reheat it throughout the week for a quick, easy breakfast option!
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread Oatmeal Casserole
Making this easy strawberry banana bread oatmeal bake requires just a few simple steps.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lightly spray an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (The baked oatmeal pictured was made in an 8×8 inch baking dish.)
In a large bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and ground nutmeg.
In a medium bowl, carefully stir together the milk, ripe mashed banana (the riper the better!), maple syrup, and eggs until the eggs are completely incorporated into the mixture.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined.
Stir in the chopped strawberries. I like to add 2/3 Cup of the chopped strawberries to the batter and then sprinkle the remaining 1/3 Cup over the top to get the strawberries evenly distributed.
Pour the oatmeal batter into your prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
Remove baking dish to a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This baked oatmeal reheats well in the microwave for easy breakfasts!
Tips for Making Strawberry Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- If you use bananas that aren’t very ripe, you will want to add more sweetener as unripened bananas will not taste as sweet as overly ripe bananas.
- Feel free to throw in some sliced almonds or chopped pecans for a bit of a crunch.
- I like to leave some bigger chunks of banana when I’m mashing them for pops of flavor.
- If I know we won’t be eating all of the baked oatmeal right away, I like to bake my oatmeal until there are still a few crumbs that stick to the toothpick when it is inserted in the center. This keeps the pieces that are reheated later from being too dry.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes to Try!
- Blueberry Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 2 1/2 Cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cups milk of your choice
- 1 Cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup or honey (if your bananas aren't very ripe, you may want to use more sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (Baked oatmeal shown was made in an 8x8 inch baking dish)
- In a large bowl, whisk together rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, carefully stir together milk, mashed bananas, maple syrup/honey, and eggs until well-combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Carefully stir in chopped strawberries**.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
**I like to add 2/3 cup of the chopped strawberries to the batter and then sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup over the top to get the strawberries evenly distributed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. Nutrition values can vary greatly based on brand used. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.