Have you ever noticed how the “S’mores” flavor is so versatile? It goes well with bars, ice cream, cookies, hot chocolate, etc. Oh, and mochas. . .my favorite local coffee shop makes an amazing dark chocolate mocha that is based off of s’mores.
I happen to like s’mores a lot. So, it seems quite logical to me to make candy out of the s’mores components!
I obviously couldn’t let this blog continue on without any s’mores recipes! I knew right away that I wanted to add peanut butter. (That shouldn’t come as a surprise to you!)
After melting some chocolate, stirring some peanut butter, crushing some graham crackers, and sprinkling some marshmallow bits, I had a super easy bark recipe that only requires 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep! So easy that you just have to try it!
A few notes: Instead of using white chocolate to mix with the peanut butter, I used vanilla candy coating because I wanted to keep the peanut butter as a strong flavor.
If you love white chocolate, it would make a great substitute. Also, make sure to store the candy in an airtight container so that the graham cracker pieces don’t get a stale taste to them.
- 24 oz milk chocolate (or semi-sweet/dark) or chocolate candy coating
- 8 oz vanilla baking chips/candy coating
- ½ C creamy peanut butter
- ½ C coarsely broken graham cracker pieces
- ¼ C marshmallow bits
- 2 (1.55 oz) Hershey's bars, broken into pieces
- Line a 15x10x1 inch (or one close in size) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt milk chocolate according to package instructions, making sure to stir periodically.
- Melt vanilla chips/candy coating according to package instructions, making sure to stir periodically. Stir in peanut butter until melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate onto prepared baking sheet. Spoon peanut butter mixture over the top of the chocolate. Swirl peanut butter through chocolate using a knife. Sprinkle with graham cracker pieces, marshmallow bits, and broken chocolate bars. Lightly press toppings into chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to refrigerate for at least one hour to cool and set.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.