This easy Peach Coffee Cake Muffins recipe is filled with sweet peaches and the warm spices of cinnamon and ginger. Make a batch to go with your favorite cup of coffee or tea!
Muffins are one of those foods that are super easy to make, and can make your day so much better! You can grab one to go with your coffee and tea in the morning or take one to combat afternoon hunger.
That’s probably why there are so many muffin recipes on this site! They are just too good and too easy to make to not try lots of different flavor combinations.
The most recent addition to our collection? These Peach Coffee Cake Muffins!
With a tender, moist muffin base filled with fresh, sweet peaches and warm cinnamon and ginger and a rich, buttery streusel that is filled with hints of more cinnamon and ginger sprinkled over the top, these muffins did not last long!
Once they were out of the oven, we couldn’t resist topping them off with a simple confectioner’s sugar glaze drizzled over the top for an added touch of sweetness.
You’ll want to add these easy muffins to your baking list soon!
How to Make Peach Streusel Muffins
Don’t let the longer list of ingredients scare you off. A lot of the ingredients are repeats between the muffin batter and streusel!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger until there are no longer any clumps of brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and stir until the mixture is just starting to combine.
Next, add in the melted and cooled butter, and stir until the batter is just combined. Gently fold in your chopped peaches. Make sure to stir only enough to get the peaches incorporated.
Divide the muffin batter into 12 muffin cups. Since the size of the cups in muffin tins varies, you will find that the batter fills each cup anywhere from 3/4 to almost completely full.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir the melted butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle streusel topping over the tops of the muffin batter. Gently press the streusel into the tops of the batter to help it stay on the muffin after baking.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just couple of crumbs. If you find that the streusel is browning too quickly, lightly cover the muffin tin with aluminum foil for the remainder of the baking time.
Remove the muffin tin to a wire rack to cool.
While the muffins are cooling, prepare the drizzle.
In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and 2 teaspoons of half and half until smooth. Add additional half and half, as needed, to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tops of the warm muffins.
Allow the drizzle to harden, and serve.
Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container.
Tips for Making Peach Coffee Cake Muffins
- You can use whole wheat flour in place of the white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour. However, the muffins will have a definite whole wheat taste and the texture will be more dense.
- Mix in the wet ingredients just until combined. This will keep the muffins light and fluffy.
- You can skip the streusel topping and just sprinkle the batter with some coarse sugar before baking.
Love peaches? More peach recipes to try!
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
For the Streusel Topping
- 2/3 Cups all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
For the Drizzle
- 1/3 Cup confectioner's sugar
- 2-4 teaspoons half and half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until just starting to combine.
- Add in melted and cooled butter, and stir batter until just combined. Gently fold in chopped peaches.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Depending on the size of your muffin tin, each cup will be ¾ full to almost completely full.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the tops of the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just couple of crumbs.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- While muffins are cooling, prepare the drizzle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner's sugar and 2 teaspoons half and half until smooth. Add additional half and half, as needed, to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tops of the warm muffins.
- Allow drizzle to harden, and serve.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. Nutrition values can vary greatly based on brand used. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.