All of the makings of healthier monster cookies are found in these No Bake Monster Cookie Granola Bars! You just need one bowl, one spoon, and less than 10 minutes of preparation!
*Recipe and text from 10/31/12. Images updated 03/08/17.
I just realized that this is my third peanut butter recipe in one week! I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. It is pretty apparent that the kitchen at A Kitchen Addiction is frequently putting out recipes involving peanut butter!
If you are ever wondering what we may be eating at any given time, you would have a good chance at being correct by guessing something with peanut butter! It’s a staple, and because of that, one should never go too long without it!
These monster cookie granola bars are a revision to these peanut butter dark chocolate chip no bake granola bites. Yes, another peanut butter recipe. Just like in that recipe, you can use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter in this recipe.
Since I prefer creamy and my husband prefers crunchy, we can both be happy because either one works great. Plus, it’s an easy enough recipe that it doesn’t take much time to make a batch of each!
All of the makings of semi-healthy monster cookies can be found in these. . .oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and M&M’s for the monster cookie and flaxseed, oat bran, and honey for the nutrition. 😉 I used regular milk chocolate M&M’s for the granola bars, but you could use whatever variety you have on hand.
These granola bars require one bowl, one spoon, and less than 10 minutes of preparation. You can’t ask for a quicker recipe to throw together for a snack for the kids or for you with your busy on-the-go schedule!
- 1 1/4 C quick oats
- 6 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 C oat bran
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 C M&M’s
- Spray an [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FHD46A?ie=UTF8&tag=akitadd-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B019FHD46A” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”]8×8 baking dish[/url] with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LGLHUA0?ie=UTF8&tag=akitadd-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B00LGLHUA0″ rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”]medium bowl[/url], stir together oats, flaxseed, oat bran, and salt. Stir in peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well-combined using a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CCY1R?ie=UTF8&tag=akitadd-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B0000CCY1R” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”]wooden spoon[/url]. Add in chocolate chips and M&M’s. Stir to combine.
- Firmly press dough into baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow dough to stiffen.
- Cut into 9 bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This post contains affiliate links.