These Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bars are filled with the bright, citrusy flavor of fresh lemon juice and zest and are topped with a simple confectioner’s sugar glaze! This easy recipe gives you soft, chewy cookie bars that are simply irresistible!
The bright lemon flavor, especially in the lemon poppy seed combo, makes a frequent appearance in our kitchen!
These Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bars are a twist to our White Chocolate Lemon Blondies. A little thicker with a bit more lemon and a sweet lemon glaze, these bars are just as craveable as the blondies they are inspired by!
The best part of about these bars is the lemon flavor. Fresh lemon juice and zest give the blondies that bright, tart flavor that I love from citrus fruit.
To give these bars as much lemon flavor as possible, fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest are used in both the bars and the easy glaze.
Baked just until the edges start to turn a light golden brown, these bars have a soft, chewy texture that we love in cookies. Though if you like a more cake-like texture, just bake them a couple more minutes.
A simple confectioner’s sugar glaze tops off these cookie bars to balance out the tartness of the lemon and make them completely irresistible!
Tips for Making Lemon Poppy Seed Bars
- If you want chewy bars, cook for the shortest amount of time. The bars will set as they cool. If you want more of a “cake-like” bar, cook for the complete length of time.
- These bars taste great without the glaze, if you want to skip that step.
- Lining the pan with parchment paper allows you to easily lift the bars out to cut and serve.
- For even thickness of bars throughout, make sure to smooth the batter once you have it in the pan. I like to use an offset spatula for this.
- We found that we liked the flavor even more the following day as everything blended together. So, if you’re looking for a make-ahead option, these bars are perfect!
Love Lemon? Give these Lemon Recipes a try!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
For the Bars
For the Glaze
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.