These soft, chewy White Chocolate Lemon Blondies are filled with bright, citrusy lemon and sweet, creamy white chocolate! This easy recipe will soon become your new go-to dessert!
Blondies don’t get much attention around here. I usually pass them up for brownies or just skip them entirely. It really is kind of sad since blondies are so easy to make.
All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’re good to go! Plus, the base of a blondie is good with so many flavors.
Since I can’t resist baking with citrus, it seemed only right to end the drought of blondie recipes with a citrusy variation.
Enter these White Chocolate Lemon Blondies.
The subtle, citrusy lemon paired with creamy white chocolate is just the flavor combination that soft, chewy blondies need.
Fresh lemon juice and zest give the blondies that bright, tart flavor that we love from citrus fruit.
While white chocolate gives the blondies the sweetness they need to balance out the tartness of the lemon.
Sweet and citrusy, soft and chewy, these blondies are a great go-to dessert any time of year!
How to Make White Chocolate Lemon Blondies
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Either spray with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking dish.
The bars pictured were made in a 9×9 inch baking dish. If you like your bars a little thicker, use an 8×8 inch baking dish.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
Add in eggs, fresh lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
In a small to medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, fresh lemon zest, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
Stir in white chocolate chips. (I like to set aside about 1 Tablespoon of the chips to sprinkle over the top of the dough right before baking.)
Spread dough into the bottom of prepared baking dish. An offset spatula works well for this.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown.
If you’re using a 9×9 inch baking dish, you’ll find that the bars will be done around 20-25 minutes. If you’re using an 8×8 inch baking dish, you’ll find that you may need all 30 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool before cutting into bars.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Tips for Making White Chocolate Lemon Cookie Bars
- If you like dense, chewy cookie bars, bake just until edges start to turn golden and center is set. If you prefer a softer, more cake-like cookie bar, bake until edges turn golden and center looks slightly puffed.
- You can use lemon juice from concentrate and dried lemon zest if you can’t get fresh lemons. However, fresh lemons will give a less bitter, more lemony flavor.
- I like to set aside 1 Tablespoon of the white chocolate chips that you stir into the dough and sprinkle them over the top right before baking so that you get white chocolate evenly throughout the bars.
More Lemon Recipes to Try!
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric hand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips. Dough will be thick. Spread into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown. Do not over bake if you want more of a gooey bar. If you want more of a cookie texture, bake for the entire time. (Time will vary depending on the size of the baking dish you use.)
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.