This Chocolate Coconut Yogurt Quick Bread is so flavorful and rich that you’ll never guess it’s made with whole wheat, honey, yogurt, and coconut oil!
Have you noticed that we’re still all about easy recipes around here? No bake cereal bars, granola bites, and now quick bread! We’re easing into the new year. And we’re also not giving up chocolate! This bread has both unsweetened baking cocoa and chocolate chips in it.
It’s been awhile since I’ve made anything with the chocolate coconut combination, so I thought I should change that. It’s not my favorite flavor combination, but every time I made something with it I wonder why I don’t use the combination more often! It really is pretty good!
You’ll see in the ingredient list that I used toasted coconut in the batter. I toasted the coconut to give the bread a bit of texture and to keep it from being chewy.
If you don’t want to take the time to toast the coconut, you don’t have to. Just know that the texture might be a bit on the chewy side. Plus, the toasted coconut gives the bread a slight nutty flavor that I love!
This versatile bread is made with honey, yogurt, white whole wheat flour, and coconut oil. You can leave off the extra chocolate chips, if you want to make it even healthier.
Have a piece for breakfast, grab a slice for an afternoon snack, or finish your meal off on a sweet note without feeling bad!
- 2 C white whole wheat flour**
- ⅓ C unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C plain yogurt
- ⅓ C honey
- ¼ C milk of your choice
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil/olive oil/canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C shredded coconut, toasted (unsweetened or sweetened)
- ½ C chocolate chips
- additional chocolate chips for topping, optional
- additional untoasted coconut for topping, optional (unsweetened or sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, unsweetened baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir wet ingredients to dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in melted coconut oil until combined. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chip and coconut.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. If you find that the coconut is getting too brown, stick a toothpick at each end of the bread and tent bread with foil.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.