Remember the Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread from Friday?? Well, it makes a mean french toast, especially when you slather some cream cheese filling on both sides and stick some banana slices in the middle!
We made a couple of stuffed french toast sandwiches with some thick slices of homemade bread and some with plain whole wheat bread. You can tell by just looking at them which one tasted more amazing!
The cinnamon and raisin from the homemade bread paired perfectly with the cream cheese filling and bananas. Delicious!
Fresh chunks of banana encased in rich cinnamon cream cheese filling. . .makes me wish we had leftovers I could go eat!! 😉
Drizzle some maple syrup on top and you’ll be in breakfast heaven! Have a great Monday!
- For the Filling
- 4 oz 1/3 of the fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 whole bananas
- For the French Toast
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C non-fat milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- low-calorie maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until creamy. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Thinly slice bananas onto four of the slices of bread. Place the other four slices on top to form a sandwich.
- Preheat skillet to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture to coat, and place sandwich on skillet. Cook two minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately with extra bananas and maple syrup.
This recipe is linked up with Weekend Potluck!