In case you still have a bunch of different ideas floating around in your head that you just can’t decide on for a Valentine’s Day dessert, here’s one more to add to the mix! This is another quick and easy recipe, and it will please the chocolate and non-chocolate lovers alike. (Read: The person in my house who doesn’t like chocolate loved these.)
These aren’t as quite as quick to bake as the molten lava cake bites from yesterday, but they still only require one bowl and simple ingredients that you probably already have in your house! The rich, buttery crust and streusel topping sandwich a layer of sweet raspberry preserves and creamy white chocolate chips. Which, if you love fruit and streusel, is dessert perfection.
Even though these are made in a 9×9 inch pan, they are rich enough that you can easily cut them into smaller pieces to take to a party or gathering. Or, cut them into big pieces and eat them with your loved ones.
Yield: 24 bars
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C quick oats
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C raspberry preserves
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Cut in softened butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread preserves over the top. Sprinkle preserves with white chocolate chips. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow bars to cool completely for easy cutting.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.