This bread is light and fluffy despite containing wheat flour and oats and is perfect plain or with a light layer of butter or whipped cream cheese. This bread is also great toasted (as already mentioned!) or used to make french toast!
Have a great weekend!!
- 1 C water, warm (about 80 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C quick oats
- 2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1/2 C raisins
- Place all ingredients, except raisins, in bread machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place raisins in bread machine dispenser for fruit and nuts.
- Select the Rapid Sweet Bread Course and 1.5lb loaf. Chose your crust option. I use medium for most breads. Press start.
- Remove bread pan to a wire rack when finished. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Store bread in an airtight bag or container.