It’s here! Easter is this weekend. How are your menus looking? Do you have an Easter brunch or do you have a big dinner? You know how I love my breakfast food, so I thought I would help those of you who are struggling to round out your brunch menu.
Here’s a super easy last minute Easter brunch idea. Strawberry honey almond french toast bake!
Fresh, juicy strawberries combine with cinnamon and nutmeg to make this french toast bake burst with spring flavor. I like the light flavor of honey combined with strawberries, so I knew I needed to add that combination to this french toast.
So, along with some sweetness from pure maple syrup, honey is added to sweeten it. And to top it off? A sprinkling of streusel and sliced almonds tops the french toast bake giving you a sweet crunch in each bite.
I love how easy french toast bakes are and how you can make most of them the night before. This one is no different. Just mix it all together the night before, and pop it in the oven the next day.
Whether you’re in need of a last minute Easter brunch idea or just want something a little extra special for breakfast, this french toast bake is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 12 C cubed day old french bread
- 10 eggs
- ¼ C honey
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1½ C milk of your choice (I used Silk Almondmilk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ C chopped strawberries
- ¼ C sliced almonds
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ¼ C all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ C chopped strawberries
- ¼ C sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cubed bread to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over cubed bread and stir to combine. Gently stir in 1½ cup sliced strawberries and ¼ cup sliced almonds.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle strawberries and sliced almonds over the top.
- If baking the next day, cover and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. If baking immediately, bake for 55-65 minutes or until topping browns and center is puffed. (Center will deflate as it cools.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.