This Peppermint Crunch Snack Mix is an irresistible mix of sweet and salty with pretzels, chocolates, and peppermint candies all lightly covered with a layer of vanilla candy coating. A fun, festive snack to munch on during the holidays!
Tis the season of all kinds of homemade goodies. While delicious, it can end up taking quite a bit of time out of your already busy schedule to whip up something homemade.
Whether you need a gifting idea or just a good snack to have on hand for munching on while checking off your “to-do” list, here is a simple recipe that is sure to be a hit!
It’s so simple that all you need is a handful of ingredients and ten minutes of your time before this irresistible Peppermint Crunch Snack Mix is ready to enjoy!
All it takes is some Chex rice cereal, pretzels, M&M’s (both semi-sweet and mint!) and Andes baking chips (or crushed peppermint candies if you can’t find the baking chips) for the base of this peppermint crunch Chex mix.
And while that would be good as is, we coated everything with a light layer of white candy coating/almond bark for an added bit of sweetness and to really bring out that sweet and salty combination that we love!
Sprinkles were an obvious addition after spreading the mix out on a baking sheet!
Super easy to make and completely irresistible! This recipe is sure to please. Plus, it’s great for gifting since it makes a big batch!
How to Make Peppermint Crunch Snack Mix
This recipe is about as easy as it gets. All you need are a handful of ingredients and a microwave.
Start by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Get out a large bowl. It needs to be able to hold approximately 13 cups of ingredients with room to stir.
Stir together your Chex cereal, pretzels, M&M candies, and Andes baking chips in the bowl. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the vanilla candy melts according to package instructions.
You want to make sure that the candy is nice and melty. If you house is cool, the candy will harden quickly. So, make it nice and hot.
Pour melted vanilla candy coating over the dry ingredients, and stir until the dry ingredients are coated.
Spread mixture onto your prepared baking sheets. Quickly top with sprinkles before the candy coating hardens.
Once the candy coating hardens, break the mixture into the size of pieces that you like best.
Store in an airtight container.
Optional Add-ins and Substitutions
- Like nuts? Add in 1 Cup salted peanuts or chopped pecans for a bit of a nutty crunch.
- You can use corn or wheat Chex cereal in place of the rice cereal.
- Can’t find Andes peppermint baking chips? You can used crushed peppermint candies in their place.
- What to make the snack mix less sweet? Once you have broken up the candy coated pieces, stir in an additional 2 cups pretzels and a cup of your favorite nuts.
Love Chex Mix? Here are some more easy recipes to try!
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Chex Mix
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Pie Chex Mix
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Maple Chex Mix
- 6 Cups rice Chex cereal
- 4 Cups pretzel holiday shapes or mini pretzel twists
- 2 Cups semi-sweet or mint M&M candies**
- 1 Cup Andes peppermint baking chips***
- 20 ounces vanilla candy melts/almond bark
- Red and green sprinkles
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice Chex cereal, holiday pretzel shapes, M&M candies, and Andes peppermint baking chips.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla candy melts according to package instructions. Make sure it gets nice and melted so that it doesn't harden right away.
- Pour melted candy over the dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheets. Quickly top with sprinkles.
- When the candy coating hardens, break mixture into pieces.
- Store snack mix in an airtight container.
**I like to use half mint M&M candies and half milk chocolate M&M candies.
***Can't find Andes peppermint baking chips? Use crushed peppermint candies instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. Nutrition values can vary greatly based on brand used. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.