Have you noticed the date on the calendar? If you’re not a math geek, you probably haven’t noticed. So, in case you don’t know, it’s Pi Day! Which, of course, means we need to celebrate.
Whether you’re a fan of math or not, it’s a great excuse to enjoy some pie! And with this no bake strawberry lemon cream pie, you don’t even have to turn on your oven to indulge.
The warm weather is finally starting to a make an appearance (though I know some people would argue that getting up into the 60’s isn’t warm!), and soon we’ll be looking for recipes that don’t require a lot of time in the oven.
And, I’ll be ready with this simple, yet flavorful, pie! A simple combination of homemade whipped cream, cream cheese and fresh lemon juice provides the base of this pie. This allows the flavor of the sweet strawberries and tart lemon zest to really shine.
Just stir in some fresh strawberries and some lemon zest, pour it into a no bake crust, and pop it in the refrigerator for a few hours. This gives you time to go outside and enjoy the nice weather.
Go for a bike ride, enjoy a long run, or get some of that spring yard work out of the way! The time will be even more enjoyable knowing that you have this pie waiting for you when you’re finished!
- For the Crust
- 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs (about 12 whole graham cracker sheets)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- For the Filling
- 12 oz 1/3 of the fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 C confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 C homemade whipped topping (you could also use an 8 oz container of frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- 1 C strawberries, washed, patted dry, and quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until thoroughly combined. Press mixture firmly into prepared pie plate. Cover and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a stand mixer (or with an electric mixer), beat together cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Gently stir in quartered strawberries and lemon zest. Pour into pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Pecan Hand Pies // Tried and Tasty
Lemon Pie Bars // One Sweet Appetite
No Bake Chocolate Mint Oreo Pie // Life Made Sweeter
Irish Cream Pies // Sugar & Soul
No Bake Strawberry Lemon Cream Pie // A Kitchen Addiction
Samoa Pie // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie // A Dash of Sanity
Cherry Pie Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Caramel Banana Cream Pie // Like Mother Like Daughter
Coconut Cream Pie // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie // The Love Nerds