Thank you Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post and making this easy one pan meal possible!
It’s turning out to be an unofficial “easy meals week” here on the blog! No complaints here, and, I hope, you won’t have complaints either after trying this lemon parmesan chicken and rice skillet!
Not only is it super easy (just one skillet!) and full of flavor, but this skillet meal is also hearty and healthy. Think of it as spring comfort food!
The base of this one pan meal is nutty, wholesome brown rice. We like to eat brown rice at our house, but often don’t have the time it takes to cook it. That’s why I love using Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice.
It only takes 10 minutes to cook while still having the same nutritional value as regular long cooking brown rice and keeping that great rich, nutty flavor!
And with this skillet meal, you can cook it right up in the same dish as everything else. The fewer the dishes the better in my book!
It’s also MSG and preservative free along with being non-GMO, so you can feel good about serving it up to your family in dishes like this.
Instead of cooking the rice in water, we switched it up and used low-sodium chicken broth and fresh lemon juice to impart lots of good flavor into the rice and make the lemon more prominent in the dish.
The result was exactly what we were hoping for, and I know we’ll be preparing rice like this more often!
Cook some chicken, stir in the liquid and rice, and then add in a hearty serving of spinach, parmesan, parsley, and fresh lemon zest!
That’s all it takes to get this skillet meal on the table. Then you can sit down and enjoy some hearty, spring comfort food!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 C Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 C baby spinach
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tsp fresh lemon zest
- In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and rice. Cover and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Stir in spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, and lemon zest. Cover, remove from heat, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff mixture with a fork. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and lemon zest, if desired.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make A Kitchen Addiction possible!