The perfect side to your favorite grilled meat or summer meal, this Fresh Corn and Tomato Pasta Salad is full of fresh flavor and takes very little prep work to prepare!
Sweet corn. We just can’t get enough of it. While it isn’t quite in season here in Minnesota, we’re still able to get some decent corn this time of year.
And since summer = sweet corn in my mind, we eat lots of it!
Most of the time we end up eating it grilled, but sometimes I manage to save a few ears out for salads like this one. We’re still enjoying this fresh corn and tomato pasta salad.
Simple sides like this pair perfectly with your favorite grilled meat and pack a lot of flavor without a lot of work. It can be served warm or cold.
That makes for a handy recipe to have on hand when you’re invited to a last minute party or extra guests show up at the last minute.
Just stick it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it! In fact, we liked it best after the flavors had a chance to blend awhile.
Right as I was finishing it up I added feta, I can’t help putting feta on everything lately! The saltiness of the cheese heightened the flavor of the corn and tomatoes. If you don’t have feta on hand, this salad still tastes great without it.
Make a big batch and have enough for leftovers the rest of the week! I may or may not have done this the last time and ate just the salad without any meat for quick lunches!
For the Salad
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cooked and kernels cut off
- 1/2 C red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 C grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 C feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook rigatoni according package instructions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with dressing. Stir in corn, onion, grape tomatoes, and feta until combined.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
We preferred the salad cold after it had chilled for an hour to allow the flavors to blend.