All you need is a handful of simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes before you’ll be enjoying a batch of Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! This easy recipe results in rich, chocolaty cookies that are gluten-free and completely irresistible!
I like when a cookie craving can be satisfied quickly. Don’t you?! Probably because I find myself wanting cookies at an inconvenient time, and it’s not possible to take an hour or more to make cookies.
So, we make sure we have go-to cookie recipes that are quick to make. (Not only that, but they also dirty a minimal number of dishes. Definitely a bonus!)
One of our favorite go-to recipes are these flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Since I can’t eat a lot of peanut butter these days, I decided it was time to finally make an almond butter variation.
They basically follow the peanut butter recipe with just a few changes. The main difference is the ratio of brown sugar to white sugar. Using more brown sugar than white sugar in this almond butter variation gives these cookies a softer texture.
Plus, the semi-sweet chocolate chips were swapped out for dark chocolate chips. Feel free to use whatever chocolate you like the best. They all taste great! I just can’t resist adding in dark chocolate wherever I can!
Tips for Making Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Try to use no-stir almond butter for this recipe, and no matter what type you use, make sure that it is thoroughly stirred before measuring. I’ve found that even some no-stir varieties still need to be stirred, so give it a stir before use for best results.
- You may find that your dough appears to be crumbly looking. That’s fine. It should still hold together when pressed.
- If your almond butter is more on the oily side, your cookies will spread a bit more. Don’t worry, they’ll still taste great!
- 1 Cup no-stir natural almond butter**
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric hand mixer or stir together almond butter, sugars, baking soda, salt, and egg until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place dough by rounded tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden. Centers may appear under-baked but will set as cooled.
- Remove cookie sheet to a wire rack, and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from sheet to cool completely.
- Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.
**Make sure to thoroughly stir almond butter before measuring and using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.