To add to my strawberry recipe streak, I thought I would share this delicious and super easy Strawberry Rhubarb Peach Crumble with you! This dessert was inspired by the Multi-Grain Pancakes with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote last Friday. The compote was so easy to make that I wanted to try and use it as the filling to a crumble.
I basically used the same recipe but added in ginger and more of the cinnamon and nutmeg. I also had some fresh peaches on hand and decided to add those to the mix. I’m glad I did! It was the first time that I have ever had a strawberry rhubarb peach combination and it was good!
This is what happened to one of the dishes when I left the room. I guess my husband didn’t think it was too bad! 🙂
I love how quickly this recipe came together and how little I had to have the oven on. The fruit is already cooked before assembling, so basically you are using your oven to crisp up the topping. Add a scoop of your favorite frozen yogurt and eat up!
Don’t miss out on a single tasty bite! “Like” A Kitchen Addiction on Facebook!
Strawberry Rhubarb Peach Crumble
Yield: 6 servings
- For the Filling
- 1 lb strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1 lb rhubarb, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb peaches, washed, pits removed, and cut into small pieces
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- For the Topping
- 2/3 C white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C quick oats
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 C cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients for the filling in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until fruit is tender and mixture has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat.
- While filling is cooking, start assembling the topping.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Spray the inside of individual ramekins or an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour fruit mixture into ramekins or pan. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Top with your favorite frozen yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!