I mentioned on Wednesday that despite the cool weather we’ve been having, I’ve been all about summertime desserts. Well, these salted dark chocolate trail mix clusters are some of those summertime desserts that I’ve been testing. I know that soon enough I won’t want to turn on my oven and heat up the house, so I’m getting prepared ahead of time. We can’t be without dessert!
Sweet and salty. Crunchy and creamy. Dark chocolate. What’s not to like?! These chocolate trail mix clusters consist of three ingredients and take hardly any time to make. Just melt dark chocolate. Spread it in some small circles. Then just sprinkle on some trail mix and sea salt. I used an unsalted tropical mix because I like the flavors of the tropical fruit mixed with chocolate. You could easily switch it up with whatever your favorite trail mix blend is if tropical fruit isn’t your thing.
Plus, they are small. Just two to three bites. So, when you need something sweet to get through a long day, you don’t have to go all in to satisfy your sweet tooth! Set aside a few minutes this weekend to make a batch, and you’ll be ready to take on the next week!
- 1 C chopped dark chocolate
- ½ C unsalted tropical trail mix
- coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of melted dark chocolate on prepared baking sheet and spread out using the back of a spoon to about the size of a quarter. Sprinkle with trail mix. Top with sea salt.
- Allow to harden and serve.