Roasted potatoes are such a versatile dish. You can serve them with breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
You can grill them or roast them in the oven. I think that’s why I like them so much! That, and they taste good. 🙂 This recipe trims the amount of oil used to just the amount needed to coat the potatoes and give them that nice crispy skin. If you have more than a pound and a half of potatoes, you may need to add more oil.
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet with a lip, such a a jellyroll pan/half sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, and onion powder. Drizzle over the potatoes. Stir or gently shake the pan to coat the potatoes with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-40 depending on the size of the potatoes, until tender. Stir every 10 minutes to allow for even cooking. Serve warm.