Crispy on the outside. Tender on the inside. Full of garlicky cheesiness. Yes, these potatoes are pretty much amazing!
Plus, they look impressive and are super easy to make! Those are some of the best kinds of recipes, right?!
Unless of course, you are like me and get distracted talking to someone and forget to pay attention to what your cuts look like and you cut all the way through the potato! Oh well! It just ensured that there were smaller serving sizes to accommodate all appetites!
All other people will find this recipe easy! 🙂 Feel free to mix up the spices and herbs to match your family’s tastes.
- 4 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil (depending on how large your potatoes are)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring grill temperature to medium-high and oil grill grate.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato to ensure that the potato won’t roll around on you when cutting. Cut into potato vertically leaving about 1/3 of an inch at the bottom. If you would like, place the potato between two wooden spoons to stop you from cutting all the way through the potato. Repeat this cut every 1/8 of an inch until you have reached the end of the potato. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Rinse potatoes under cool water, fanning out the cuts to rinses out the slices. Place potatoes on a microwaveable plate cut side up. Microwave for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes over and microwave for another 5 minutes. Let potatoes cool so that you can comfortably handle them.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil making sure to get it into most of the slits for maximum crispiness! Place garlic into the slices of the potatoes. Sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with parmesan cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper, fanning the slices open as you go.
- Place potatoes on grill grate. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until center is soft and egdges are crispy.