It’s the week before Easter, so if you’re still trying to figure out your menu, I have a super easy side for you. These easy lemon garlic green beans are a perfect side to any of your favorite Easter dishes. Plus, they can be made from start to finish in less than 20 minutes!
Minced garlic cloves are cooked in olive oil until light golden to keep the flavor light and subtle. Fresh lemon juice is stirred in along with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Either toss the steamed beans with the dressing or drizzle over the top and serve.
For a bit more flavor, top with fresh lemon zest right before serving. The bright, citrusy lemon cuts through the olive oil and garlic to complement the flavor of fresh green beans. Great for Easter dinner or any spring gathering!
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (depending on preference), minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- lemon zest, optional
- Place green beans in a steamer basket. Put steamer basket in a large sauce pan over about 1½ inches of water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 9-10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, cook minced garlic in olive oil until tender and just starting to brown. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer beans to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil mixture. Top with lemon zest. Serve.