These are great alone (right from the oven!) or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Have a great weekend everyone!
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 C oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 3 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat together sugars and eggs until creamy. Add in oil, vanilla, salt, cream of tartar, and dissolved baking soda. Beat until combined. Gradually add in flour scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
- Press dough in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top turns light golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Remove pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before cutting into bars.