This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am always on the lookout for easy weeknight meals, and I’m sure most of you could always use another meal to make your weeknights easier, too. Some evenings, after an especially busy day, I’ve found myself starving and standing in front of the refrigerator wondering what to throw together. 30 minute comfort food is just the kind of meal I want at that moment. This cheesy gnocchi skillet with tomatoes and spinach is just the cheesy comfort food that our weeknights need!
We love cheese around here and Crystal Farms helps us fuel that love. Since 1926, Crystal Farms has been committed to providing the highest quality products. Their cheeses are a rich source of calcium, and all of their products are gluten-free. Plus, the products are lactose tolerant. And, since they’re conveniently located in the refrigerated dairy section, it’s easy to pick up whatever cheese we need next!
This cheesy gnocchi skillet uses Crystal Farms mozzarella and a chunk of Crystal Farms feta. Some days even the time it takes to dig out a grater and shred cheese can seem like too much time, so it’s nice to pick up a couple of bags of shredded cheese to have on hand when weeknights are especially rushed. If you look in our fridge at any given time, you’ll most likely find a couple of blocks and couple of bags!
But back to the gnocchi. I love gnocchi, but I don’t make it nearly enough. I don’t know why. It’s super easy to make and can be paired with so many different flavor combinations. This cheesy gnocchi skillet is filled with the comfort food favorites of tomatoes, onion, garlic, and green bell peppers. And of course cheese, lots of cheese. Mozzarella is stirred in and feta is sprinkled on top to finish the dish off. The result is an easy, cheesy meal that takes just 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ C onion, chopped
- ½ C green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ C tomato sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 C baby spinach
- ¾ C Crystal Farms Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- ¼ C Crystal Farms Wisconsin Chunk Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Set aside. You may way to drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil to prevent gnocchi from sticking.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and green pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook until garlic starts to lightly brown.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in gnocchi, spinach, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and feta.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Remove to wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Crystal Farms is giving away a blue serving platter from Le Creuset to one (1) lucky winner so you can serve your favorite cheese creations in style! Just comment below with your favorite dish that contains cheese!
*This contest is open to US residents 18 years of age and older. IZEA is responsible for shipping the product to the winner.