We often find ourselves making quesadillas on a busy evening. They are so easy to make, you can use up whatever is in your fridge, and they require very little cooking time. The last aspect is very important when you have a hungry husband pacing around the kitchen looking for food to eat! 😉 One quesadilla that will be added to the rotation is this buffalo chicken quesdadilla.
They are the perfect blend of creamy and spicy. Plus, you can throw in some tomatoes and peppers to up the nutritional value. Oh, and it’s cheesy, lots of cheese is a must at our house! Pair it with some chips and salsa and you have a complete meal ready in under 30 minutes!
These quesadillas make perfect party food. Just cut them into smaller wedges (using smaller tortillas will make this easier), and serve them alongside sour cream and salsa as part of your collection of finger food at your next football party. They also are a great way to use up leftover chicken. If you don’t have leftovers and you don’t want to cook up more chicken, rotisserie chicken would work well. Have a great weekend!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 C cooked and shredded chicken
- ¼ C hot sauce
- 3 tbsp ranch or blue cheese dressing
- ¼ C green pepper, chopped
- ¼ C tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C shredded cheese, I used reduced-fat cheddar and monterrey jack
- sour cream and salsa, for garnish
- Stir together chicken, hot sauce, and dressing until well-combined.
- Spray skillet with olive oil (I used a misto bottle) or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla shell in the skillet. Spread a ¼ cup of the cheese evenly on top. Spread 1//2 of the chicken mixture over the top. Sprinkle with ½ of the peppers and tomatoes. Spread another ¼ cup of the cheese on top. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until tortilla turns light golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
This post may contain affiliate links.