UPDATE: The winner of the Land O’ Lakes Gift Package is:
#17 Cristina from She Runs, She Eats
Congratulations and be sure to check your e-mail for confirmation information!
Thank you to all who participated in the giveaway and stay tuned for more giveaways in the future!
It’s time for A Kitchen Addiction Giveaway! Land O’ Lakes was kind enough to send me a package full of goodies to use to promote their new All-Natural Farm Fresh Eggs and their Bite-Size Recipe Collection!
A little information about these new eggs:
- The hens’ vegetarian diet consists primarily of whole ground corn and soybean meal, with no added hormones, antibiotics, animal fats or animal by-products.
- The eggs are gathered at the peak of the hens’ egg-laying cycles, which can make the eggs more nutritious and delicious.
- These all-natural eggs are available in three varieties: added omega-3’s, cage free, and organic!
- Plus, all of the packaging is bio-degradable. Good for you and good for the environment. 🙂
Not only did Land O’ Lakes send me a package, they are also giving one to me to give away to one of my great readers! In your package you will receive:
- a coupon for any package of Land O’ Lakes all-natural eggs
- a mini frying pan
- a mini muffin tin
- a classic egg tray
Perfect for baking up all kinds of fun bite-size spring and summer treats!
How to enter:
- Head over to www.landolakes.com and check out their bite-size recipes. Come back and leave a comment stating which recipe you would like to try!
- “Like” A Kitchen Addiction on Facebook
- Follow @akitchenaddict on Twitter and tweet: I just entered to win a @LandOLakesKtchn gift pack from @akitchenaddict! http://ow.ly/aWPJa #myblogspark
- Join or subscribe to A Kitchen Addiction via e-mail
- “Like” Land O’ Lakes on Facebook
*Disclosure: The gift pack, coupons, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Land O’ Lakes through MyBlogSpark.
I decided to try out these eggs and my new mini-muffin tin on the Mini Cinnamon Cupcakes. Those of you who have been reading my blog for any length of time know that I love cinnamon and that I can’t help but give recipes the healthiest makeover possible without compromising great flavor! 🙂 So, that is what I have done with this recipe! I used half whole wheat pastry flour, half non-fat yogurt, and sugar substitute. You can check out the original recipe here. These cupcakes turned out great. They were moist, light, and loaded with nutmeg and cinnamon spices!
I found that using a tablespoon measuring spoon was the perfect size for filling the mini cupcake liners.
Fun treats for co-workers or kids! These little cupcakes won’t last long! 🙂
- For the Cupcakes
- 3/4 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 C granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/4 C non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Land O’ Lakes All-Natural Farm Fresh Eggs
- 1/2 C non-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Frosting
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 4 oz. 1/3 fat neufchatel cheese
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp non-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Place mini cupcake liners in mini muffin tin.
- Combine whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar substitute and butter. Beat until creamy. Add in the yogurt and eggs. Scrape sides of bowl and beat until well-mixed. Stir in milk and vanilla alternately with the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon cupcake batter into liners. Fill cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting. Combine powdered sugar, butter, neufchatel cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Slowly add in the milk, a teaspoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Lightly swirl frosting on cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.