We’re starting off the week on a sweet note! With a big bowl of caramel corn! We frequently snack on popcorn in the evenings when we want something to munch on.
While we usually just stick to the healthier varieties, every once in awhile we mix it up with caramel corn.
But now we won’t be satisfied with plain caramel corn, we’ll be wanting more of this sweet heat caramel corn! A perfect combination of sweet and spicy!
This recipe comes from the talented Sally, of Sally’s Baking Addiction, and her new cookbook. Have you seen it yet? Sally’s Candy Addiction is full of tempting treats from truffles and caramels to marshmallows and brittles.
There is also a section filled with recipes that use some of your favorite candies. And one of my favorite parts of cookbooks? A helpful section containing cooking basics and essentials.
When I got the cookbook, I did what I normally do when I can’t decide what to make. I handed the cookbook over to my husband and asked him what he wanted me to make.
He had as much trouble as I did deciding, but we eventually decided on this sweet heat caramel corn. It was a good choice!
This caramel corn is easy to make, even if you’ve never made it before. The instructions were clear, and it wasn’t long before we were munching on this irresistible caramel corn that was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
If you make food gifts for the holidays, you’ll want to include this snack to any of your friends and family who love popcorn!
Want to win a copy of your own? Just leave a comment below to enter! Good Luck! (CLOSED)
Can’t wait to see if you win? Buy a copy here! This cookbook would make a great Christmas present for anyone who loves to spend time in the kitchen!
- 8 C air-popped popcorn
- 2 C salted peanuts
- 1 C light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ C light corn syrup
- ½ C unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or more if desired
- Preheat oven to 200. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Toss the popcorn with peanuts in a very large bowl. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheets.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a 3-quart heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until butter has melted. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the baking soda. The caramel will immediately foam and bubble. Give it a quick stir, then stir in the cayenne. If you like extra spice, add up to a ½ teaspoon.
- Pour the spiced caramel over the popcorn-peanut mixture and toss gently until all of the kernels are coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Allow to cool on the pans, then break apart large clusters, if desired.
This recipe is used with permission from Sally’s Candy Addiction.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.