These irresistible Giant Peppermint Chocolate Fudge Cookies are thick, fudgy and filled with the classic holiday combination of chocolate and peppermint!
Two cookie recipes in two weeks! I think that might be a record for me and my usual cookie avoidance. Though, after thinking up this recipe a while ago, I just couldn’t get it off my mind.
I’m so glad I overcame my typical aversion to cookie making and made more cookies. These giant peppermint chocolate fudge cookies were even better than I thought they would be!
Sometimes you just have to go all out with dessert. These cookies start by melting together butter and chocolate chips. Then you add in more chocolate.
I used a combination of semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips, but if you prefer milk and white chocolate, feel free to use whatever you like best! Completely decadent and rich.
And giant. Each cookie is made up of a heaping 1/4 cup of cookie dough! You don’t have to make them so big, but, in my experience, giant cookies usually taste better! 😉
These cookies are best warm from the oven. Make sure you wait long enough so you don’t burn your fingers, but as soon as they’re cool enough, dig in!
The warm, gooey chocolate gives the cookies a fudgy texture that pairs perfectly with a big glass of milk or a mug of coffee!
It’s National Cookie Day! Be sure to check out more great cookie recipes below!
- 1 3/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter together over low heat until just melted, stirring to prevent scorching.
- In a stand mixer, or with an electric hand mixer, beat together eggs, and sugars until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Slowly beat in melted chocolate. (Do not add chocolate all at once as this may cook the eggs.) Beat until well-combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips, peppermint crunch baking chips, and remaining ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate while you preheat oven to 350 degrees. This allows the dough to set up.
- Drop by ¼ cup full onto prepared baking sheet. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are light golden and set. Middle may seem underdone but cookies will set as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.