These soft, thick Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are made in one bowl and are loaded with peanut butter and peanut butter M&Ms!
*Recipe and post from 03/22/13. Images updated 03/10/18.
As you know, cookie bars are a favorite around here. I realized, however, that I only have a couple of recipes on the blog, which is hardly proof of my love for cookie bars! I don’t know why I don’t make them more often.
They are super easy and take hardly any time to bake. This makes them a perfect last minute dessert to make for when guests arrive unexpectedly or when you remember at the last minute that you volunteered to bring dessert to a gathering!
Cookie bars are also so versatile, making it easy to throw in whatever you have in your pantry to complete them. And in our house that usually means some sort of peanut butter cookie bars since peanut butter is always in our pantry!
This variation of a peanut butter base filled with peanut butter M&M’s is one of our favorite cookie bars (Yes, because they are loaded with peanut butter!).
They are even better around spring, because the peanut butter M&M’s become peanut butter M&M eggs giving you even more peanut butter. I don’t know why they don’t just make them that big year round, they are so much better that way!
So, if you love thick, soft peanut butter cookies loaded with even more peanut butter, you have to give these a try!
- ¼ C unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ C brown sugar
- ¼ C sugar
- ⅓ C creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C peanut butter M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add in flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until well-combined. Stir in peanut butter M&M's.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Cut into pieces and store leftovers in an airtight container.