Since July is National Ice Cream month, I figured I’d better celebrate on here before the month is over! Where this month has gone, I’m not sure!
It’s not that we haven’t been eating lots of ice cream. . .we just haven’t been patient enough to wait for a picture to be taken before digging in to the cold, creamy goodness. 🙂
So this weekend we thought we would be patient and actually take a picture. Why we choose the 105 degree day to do this, I’m not sure! Waiting for it to churn was hard enough, but watching it melt (and feeling ourselves melt!) as we took pictures was awful!
Needless to say, we dug in as soon as possible! 🙂 The chocolate and peanut butter combination delivered in a cold, creamy form was perfect!
So, grab your ice cream makers and celebrate National Ice Cream month before the month is over, or just make it because it tastes good! Whichever excuse works best for you! 😉
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Yield: about 1 quart
- 1 1/2 C fat-free evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 1/2 C plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/3 C no-stir natural peanut butter
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1/4 C granulated sugar substitute or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 C each chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate and peanut butter chips into either a blender or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Churn for 25 or until mixture thickens into frozen yogurt texture. Add chocolate and peanut butter chips and churn for another 5-10 minutes. (If you prefer harder frozen yogurt, you may want to transfer yogurt to a freezer safe container and freeze for a couple of hours.)
- Eat up! 🙂