*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It got up to 90 degrees last week! Before we know it, warm weather will be here to stay. That means we’ll be turning to quick and easy no-bake or very little oven time recipes, since the last thing we’ll want to do is heat the whole house up with using the oven.
That, and we’ll be wanting to enjoy the long, warm evenings as much as possible!
Some of my favorite warm weather main dishes involve barbecue sauce. It’s a main summer flavor! We’ve tried all kinds of brands and flavors over the past few years, one of the brands being KC Masterpiece®.
It just so happens that KC Masterpiece® is celebrating the brand’s 35th anniversary with the release of its limited edition anniversary sauce, KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce.
What better way to use it than in some loaded barbecue chicken nachos!
This layered nacho dish is a fresh, flavorful meal that only requires the broiler to be on for 8 minutes! Shredded chicken (Rotisserie chicken works well for this!) is heated on the stovetop together with peppers, onion and garlic in barbecue sauce to create the main base of the nachos.
More fresh veggies and cheese are added right before broiling for a delicious, (and cheesy!) quick and easy meal! This is a versatile recipe that you can mix up as much as you want.
Like more heat? Add more jalapenos and perhaps a splash of hot sauce! Don’t want as much heat, skip the jalapeno and pepper and add more tomatoes and onions. Its up to you!
- 3 C cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well)
- ⅓ C barbecue sauce of your choice
- ¼ C red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Tortilla Chips
- ½ C tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ C shredded cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar)
- ¼ C blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, chopped
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- additional barbecue sauce, for garnish
- Combine chicken, barbecue sauce, red pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through and veggies are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Turn broiler on high. Arrange tortilla chips on the bottom of a baking sheet with a lip or a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with half of the chicken mixture, half of the tomatoes, ½ cup of shredded cheese, and 2 tablespoons blue cheese. Add another layer of tortilla chips and top with remaining chicken, tomatoes, shredded cheese and blue cheese. Broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to turn a light golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven and top with avocado, additional onion and jalapeno, cilantro and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
- Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.