We finally got our snow! It’d been a weird, warm winter with no snow up until a couple of days ago. But then it came. . .our first winter storm carrying with it lots of snow and cold!
Now we get to cozy up with fleece blankets and hot chocolate while watching the snow fall.
Except we’re not stopping at just hot chocolate, we’re adding hot chocolate donuts to the mix!
We’re talking hot chocolate donuts topped with rich, chocolate ganache and sprinkled with marshmallow bits and sprinkles.
Hot chocolate drinking just got tastier! It also got a lot easier thanks to NEW International Delight Hot Chocolate! All you have to do is pour a cup, heat it up, and enjoy.
It comes in both milk and dark chocolate. But you know how I love dark hot chocolate, so it was a pretty obvious choice to go with the dark chocolate hot chocolate!
The rich dark chocolate flavor is not only great for drinking, it is great for baking, too! I discovered that when I decided to use the hot chocolate in place of milk in my favorite chocolate donut recipe.
And since you can’t have hot chocolate without marshmallows, we had to add a few into the batter. The best part is that some of the marshmallows melt into the donuts leaving little gooey pockets behind!
So whether you’re hosting a winter party that has a hot chocolate station or you’re just cozying up with your favorite fleece blanket to watch the snow fall, pour yourself a mug of hot chocolate, and make sure to have a couple of these donuts on hand for snacking!
Be sure to head over to InternationalDelight.com to share how ID helps you capture the spirit of the season for a chance to win a holiday brunch for friends and family hosted by International Delight!
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ C sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ C International Delight Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate
- ¼ C buttermilk
- ¼ C butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ C marshmallow bits
- ½ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- marshmallow bits, optional
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot chocolate, buttermilk, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in marshmallow bits.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off. Pipe batter into donut pan filling each cavity about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While donuts are cooling, prepare glaze. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and heavy cream together over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly to prevent scorching. Turn heat to low and whisk in corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- Dip tops of donuts into glaze. Sprinkle with marshmallow bits and sprinkles. Allow glaze to set and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.