This Apple Peanut Butter Crisp is filled with the warm spices of apple pie and topped with a rich, irresistible peanut butter streusel! The perfect fall comfort food!
Apple crisp has always been a favorite of mine. I’m not sure what I like more: the sweet, crumbly oat topping or the cinnamon infused apple filling.
Either way the two combine to make a warm, comforting dessert that is both easy to make and super adaptable.
Throughout the years that I’ve made apple crisp, I’ve made variations that were all oats, or were only white sugar or brown sugar. I’ve made some that only were seasoned with cinnamon and a bit or salt and others that were filled with all of the apple pie spices.
While they were all good, I’ve found myself continually coming back to this easy peanut butter apple crisp recipe. That probably doesn’t surprise you since peanut butter is involved!
The peanut butter in the oat topping gives it an added richness and half brown sugar gives a caramel flavor that goes so well with apples.
Of course, it’s even better when you top it with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
For the Filling
- 5 Cups apples, diced
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 Cups quick oats
- 1/2 Cup flour (all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup no-stir natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish or individual ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss diced apples with sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, sugars, and salt. Cut in peanut butter and butter with fork until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour apples into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Top with aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until filling starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.