If I say “noodle casserole,” what’s the first thing that comes to mind for you? I asked my husband this and he said dry casseroles. For me, I think slimy. The poor noodle casserole doesn’t have a good reputation around here.
Whether it was potlucks or get-togethers, I don’t have fond memories growing up of casseroles (or hot dishes!) that involved noodles.
I am here to change that! The noodle doesn’t have to be misused and abused! It can be the star of fresh, flavorful dishes. Take this creamy garlic parmesan chicken and noodles dish. No dry or slimy noodles in sight!
One memory I have growing up of noodle dishes is multiple variations of chicken noodle casserole at family gatherings. And while I wasn’t necessarily a fan of the dish, I do remember the laughter and conversation that was had while eating.
So, I wanted to take good memories of gathering around a meal and tie them with an updated chicken noodle casserole that was creamy and loaded with flavor! I started with No Yolks whole grain noodles.
No Yolks are cholesterol free noodles that are always smooth, firm and delicious. They always cook up right. First problem solved!
Garlic, parmesan, butter, and milk create the creamy base to this noodle casserole. You can’t go wrong combining all of these ingredients! Fire roasted tomatoes, spinach, and chicken add fresh flavor and heartiness.
One bite of this updated chicken noodle casserole and these No Yolks noodles will have you rethinking your take on the noodle casserole!
- ½ of a 12oz package No Yolks Whole Grain Extra Broad Noodles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ C whole milk
- 2½ C spinach
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper (add more or less to taste)
- 2 C shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken works well
- 1¼ C shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add butter and garlic. Cook over medium heat until garlic just starts to brown. Stir in milk, tomatoes, spinach, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until spinach wilts and sauce thickens.
- Stir in noodles, chicken, and ¾ cup shredded cheese. Bring back to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and top remaining shredded cheese right before serving.
Get more inspiration for cooking with egg noodles by checking out these 12 Family-Favorite, comforting No Yolk noodle recipes! Also be sure to grab a $1.00 off 2 bags of No Yolk noodles coupon here!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Asian Noodle Recipe
To help you create your own No Yolks noodle dish, No Yolks and Blogher are giving away one (1) $100 Visa Gift Card to one (1) lucky reader! Enter for your chance to win by simply leaving a comment below telling me what your favorite No Yolks comfort food is.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#onlynoyolks” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/3/14 – 11/30/14.
Be sure to visit the No Yolks brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!