There is nothing like a hearty soup to warm you up on a cold, blustery day. Since it is currently -15 with windchill, today is the perfect day to make this corn chowder! The nice thing about this recipe is that it is made in the crock pot. SO, just throw everything together in the morning or afternoon and you have a nice warm meal for supper! Plus, it makes a large batch so there will be some nice leftovers. It also freezes well if you want to save some for a convenient meal later.
Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cans low-fat, low-sodium condensed soup (my favorites for this are celery or mushroom)
- 2 C of chicken broth
- 1 can fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 cans whole kernel corn or approx. 2 1/2 C frozen corn
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1-2 lbs cooked chicken
- 2-3 medium-sized potatoes chopped (skin on)
- 1 1/2 C shredded carrots
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Stir together soups and broth in the slow cooker until thoroughly blended.
2. Add the corns, carrots, potatoes, and chicken.
3. Stir in the seasonings.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or high for 3-4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.
During the last 10 minutes stir in the evaporated milk.
Sprinkle the chowder with shredded cheddar cheese and serve.